Pear and Walnut salad
Abundance of Pears and Apples in the Winter months can be overwhelming. Especially after the calendar declares that it is Spring but the weather makes you wear a winter coat. I am still making the best I can with Pears. This yummy salad has been making rounds of my dinner table lately but it is so simple that I didn’t think about posting it. Then I thought, why not?
This salad is also making a good use of a Parmesan block that I bought on a whim.
Some other Salads if you would like to try out
Pear Walnut Salad with Blueberries
Tasteful and light Salad with fruits and Nuts.
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1 Pear medium sized ripe but not fully ripe
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries ( organic)
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (as much or as little as you want)
- Salt and Pepper (per taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Peel and cut Pear in cubes.
- Roast Walnuts in a pan. Takes about 6-7 minutes on medium flame. Make sure to stir them.
- Place Arugula in each plate. Top it with Pears, Walnuts and Blueberries.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Pour the Lemon juice and adjust Salt and Pepper.