- Mini Peppers – about 25 to 30
- Sesame Seeds – 1/3 cup roasted
- Indian Poppy Seeds – 1/4 cup roasted
- Peanuts – 3/4 cup Roasted
- Rice Flour – about 2 TBsp – roasted
- Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp or more per taste
- Salt per taste
- Sugar 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Olive or Canola Oil about 1 to 2 Tbsp
- Cheese – 4 cheese blend or Mexican cheese
- Wash and Dry Mini Peppers. Cut Mini Peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast Poppy seeds, Peanuts, Rice Flour and sesame seeds separately. Each of them will have different roasting times due to variation in size. I prefer to roast them on the stove top instead of in the oven so I can control the process.
- Grind Poppy seeds, Peanuts and sesame seeds together to a fine powder. Add Rice/ flour and rest of the spices, salt and sugar. Combine to mix well. Now add oil to make this a wet mixture and set aside.
- Fill in the prepared mixture in the Mini peppers. Top it with cheese so as to cover the peppers and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven
- Sprinkle some more cheese over the peppers and serve warm.
- You can prepare the peppers in advance in an ovenproof dish, cover them in plastic wrap and refrigerate. When it’s time for guests to arrive, put them in the oven so they are ready to be served. Add couple of minutes to baking time if they are still cold.
Note: If you do not have Poppy seeds, substitute with 1/3 cup of roasted Cashews.