I usually test my recipes on the week-day evenings and then make the final version on the weekend because those are the only 2 days when I am home during Sunlight hours and I need natural light for my pictures. Occasionally, I shoot at night when you see my Indian recipes as those are usually made for dinner. Last weekend, I was a bit in the mood for Netflix binge watching “Person of Interest”. Have you seen it? If you are like me, who secretly wanted to be FBI agent or Fighter pilot (although I am terribly scared of amusement park rides :)), you would love this show. In all the binge watching and making food for all varied tastes in my house, I had to quickly whip up something before the light goes down. So here come Baklava Bites. Even though this is a quick Dessert, these went far beyond my taste tester’s expectations. I would really recommend you try it out. Plus who doesn’t like buttery nutty goodness right?
Don’t’ these look super yummy?
Filo dough sheets 5
Butter unsalted 3 Tbsp melted
Walnuts or Pecans 1 Cup or use both totaling 1 Cup chopped lightly
Pistachios 1 Cup chopped lightly
Honey 3 Tbsp
Rose Water 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon ground 2 pinches
Salt a pinch
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- On a dry Silicon sheet or a dry, clean surface, roll out one Filo dough sheet. Keep the rest of the sheets covered with damp paper towel.
- With pastry brush, apply melted butter on the sheet covering all the surface. Start with corners to avoid drying them out.
- Take the next sheet put it as exactly as possible on the first sheet and apply butter
- Repeat this process until all 5 sheets are buttered. Make sure to cover the unused ones all the time
- With a knife, cut 12 squares of the buttered Filo. Or you can also cut 24 squares and use Mini muffin pan.
- Put each square in the lines muffin pan and bake for 10 minutes
- While the Filo sheets are baking, assemble the filling.
- In a bowl, add nuts, Honey, Rose Water, Salt and Cinnamon and mix well until all nut mixture is fully covered
- Once the Filo is baked, remove from oven and let cool slightly
- Fill each Filo cup with Nut mixture and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Make sure to keep an eye after 9 minutes as the nut burn easily
You can make this dessert ahead of time and store in airtight container for a day. I didn’t ry keeping it in the fridge as all was gone in an hour.
If you like my recipes, consider signing up for email updates.