Last few days with everyone in Holiday mood, I am looking for some resting time too. The usual school and classes are off. I just want to put my feet up and relax. But alas!! there comes a hollar, “Mommy, I am hungry”.. From another corner I hear a very cautious, “Is the dinner ready yet by any chance?”
Oh well, I am trying to relax in between meals and snacks, I guess.
This Carrot and Fennel Salad is super easy and it can go with any other one pot meal you have thrown in your oven or slow cooker for that day. Fennel is one of the healthiest plants and did you know the battle of Marathon was named after this plant? The ancients greeks used to know Fennel by the name “Marathon”.
If you like Salad recipes, please also check out the links below.
Carrot Fennel Salad
- 1 Cup Carrots washed and shaved or shredded
- 1/2 Cup Fennel only the white part washed and shredded about 1/4 cup or more per your taste
- 2 tsp Fennel only the leaves for garnish
For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Mix the Carrot and Fennel.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad before serving. You could also toss the salad with dressing just before serving.