We decided to meet up with few friends for Valentine’s day lunch this time instead of just spending it with family. I feel Valentine’s day is just as much about your close friends as it is about you other half and kids. What do you think?
Even though we were going to have lunch with friends, I still wanted to do something special for N. Having little kids doesn’t give us as much time to spend or appreciate each other as much as we would like. So I figured why not Breakfast in Bed before the kiddos are even up in the morning.
I made Spicy Baked Omelets, Pancakes with buttered roasted banana and walnuts, some fresh Orange juice and Coffee to wolf it all down. I am glad we had all this food really early in the morning so we had enough appetite for lunch.
Pancake mix (I used Aunt Jemima)
Water as per directions on the box
Butter 1 Tbsp per Banana
Banana about 1 for 2 small pancakes
Walnuts unsalted for garnish
Maple syrup 1 Tbsp per pancake
- Prepare Pancake mix according to Package instructions. If you want to make it from scratch, I would recommend this recipe
- Cut Banana in thin circular pieces.
- Roast the Walnuts in a shallow pan on medium flame about 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Make the pancakes per instructions and set it out on separate plates.
- In a separate pan, heat butter and sauté Banana pieces very gently so as not to break them. Once slightly cooked, arrange on a pancake.
- Garnish with Walnuts.
- Drizzle Maple syrup on each and enjoy!!xoxo