I do need to apologize to you all for being MIA for the past few weeks. A lot was happening around here. I changed my job recently. I had to transfer literally a ton of files and then there is training for the new work which seems to take forever. I feel like I am kinda settling in and can go back to my passion of cooking new dishes and sharing them with you. I do want to Thank all my readers who sent emails asking about posts. It’s because of all of you I feel so loved and gives me tremendous encouragement to do what I do.
How was your Easter? Did you do the egg hunt? We had a fabulous time. I am writing that post soon so keep watching that mailbox for an update.
I made the Spinach salad as one of the dishes for the Easter Brunch but even otherwise I have made this literally every week in the past few weeks. This salad is the one that finally got A1 eating spinach. She asks for more. The first time I heard her say that, I had to ask her again what she was saying, it was so unbelievable. 🙂
- Spinach about 4 cups chopped
- Walnuts 1 cup per person
- Strawberries ½ cup sliced
- Mandarin oranges packed in water 2 container
- Red onion chopped ¼ to ½ cup per taste
- Cheddar Cheese per taste about ½ cup
- Maple Syrup 2 Tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper flakes or Chipotle Pepper powder ¼ tsp or more per taste
- Cinnamon 1/8 tsp
- Butter ½ Tbsp
- Balsamic Vinaigrette 2 Tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 Tbsp
- Honey ½ Tbsp
- Salt and Pepper per taste
- For Maple roasted Walnuts, in a small saucepan, on a low flame, roast the Walnuts until fragrant.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper and mix quickly.
- Finally add Maple Syrup and mix. Mixture should be on the flame just for enough time to melt and mix otherwise it will burn.
- Take off the flame and let it cool.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients with a whisk and keep aside.
- Chop the Spinach, add onion and mix.
- Mix the dressing with a Salad. Pour in individual bowls.
- Top with Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges and Cheese.
- Finally, top with Walnuts.