Happy Summer Solstice. What else could I be posting today other than a wonderful and filling salad to enjoy on a cool summer night.
- Couscous 1 cup unprepared
- Mango 1 peeled and cut into small pieces
- Red Pepper 1 medium cut into small pieces
- Red onion ½ cut into small pieces
- Green onion 2 branches cut small
- Boiled water to make Couscous
- Salt per taste
- Pepper per taste
For the dressing
- Balsamic Vinegar 3Tbsp
- Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
- Honey 2 Tbsp
- Yellow Mustard 1/2tsp
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Prepare Couscous as per package instructions. Usually you have to boil the water, turn off the heat and add Couscous. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and separate it out with a fork.
- Mix all the Salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all Dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk it to mix properly. It is essential that you use very good Balsamic Vinegar. The taste will substantially be different depending on what Vinegar you used.
- Pour the dressing over Salad and mix just before serving.