We had a fun filled week-end enjoying the mid-summer weather. Work has been really stressing me out last few months so you see these few and far between posts. Past week-end though I decided to shut down my laptop and enjoy bit of summer weather. The best way of destressing for me is to by cooking and taking the kids to the park. It was such a joy to see them run around the ducks. This is such wonderful age for them and I am loving every moment of it.
Cooking on the week-end is a completely different ball game than cooking on week-days. I can try new recipes and put on the dishwasher as many times as I want. If a recipe fails, I usually have enough time to make something else so everyone is fed. This week-end I got some glorious Organic Blueberries from the store. I actually went a bit overboard and got too many. So the menu for the week-end was planned around Blueberries. I made Blueberry tart as dessert for dinner and Blueberry Corn salad for lunch the next day.
There are so many versions of the Blueberry Tart but most use Honey as a sweetener. I am not very fond of the combination of Honey and Lemon. It reminds of the early morning Lemon and Honey drink and I didn’t want anything to do with that taste for dessert so I used Maple Syrup. I have bunch of Lavender growing in the backyard so I used that too.
If you do not have Fresh Lavender flowers but have Lavender extract, that would really well in this.
For the main course I made Chickpea Schwarma Wraps that actually turned out exceptionally well and so easy to make. I used ready-made Tortilla but if you want to go even healthier and use freshly made Roti, go for it. As long as you have a Can of Chickpeas and few minutes to spare, you are all set for lunch or dinner with these wraps.
- Frozen Puff Pastry sheet 1
- Ricotta Cheese 1/4 cup
- Cream Cheese ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup 5 Tbsp
- Heavy Cream 2 Tbsp
- Lemon zest ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Blueberries 1 box or more
- Egg beaten (optional)
- Thaw the Puff pastry as per directions on the package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the beaten egg on all 4 sides of the pastry only on the outer 1 inch.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or per package instructions.
- While the pastry is baking, in a separate bowl, mix the cheeses, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, Lemon zest. Add Heavy cream to make it smooth consistency.
- Once the pastry sheet is baked, take it out on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, spread the cheese mixture on top and in the end, top it with blueberries.