I was going to post this recipe before Christmas so my friends can make this ahead of time and relax on Christmas morning while everyone is opening presents. Better late than never though. I am sure there are a lot of week-ends when you would rather relax than fuss over breakfast.
Egg whites 1/2 cup
Kale chopped 1/2 cup
Arugula chopped 1/2 cup
Basil leaves a handful chopped
Onion chopped small 1/4 cup
Thyme dried 1/2 tsp
Cheese Parmesan 1/2 cup
Milk 3 Tbsp
Salt and Pepper per taste
Cayenne pepper (optional) per taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together.
- Add chopped Kale, Arugula and Thyme leaves and mix.
- Add Onion, Salt and Pepper and Mix.
- Add Cheese and Milk and mix thoroughly.
- Spray an ovenproof dish (I used 8 inches skillet) with oil spray
- Pour the mixture in the skillet
- Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes
- The top should become Golden with brown tinge and not too brown.
- You can make the mixture ahead of time and throw it in the oven when its time for breakfast.