Brussels Sprouts is one of the prime Winter vegetables. Full of slightly bitter flavor that can be combined with sweetness of almost any fruit. Brussels Sprouts should never be eaten raw in my opinion otherwise you will not touch it again. Roast it in the oven and the sweetness will come forward. Here I combined it with ripe Pears and sweet and tart Pomegranate. Result is amazing with my favorite dressing.
- Brussels Sprouts about 20
- Pomegranate 3/4
- Pear 1 medium
- Balsamic Vinegar 1 Tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 Tbsp for dressing and 2Tbsp for drizzle
- Maple Syrup 1Tbsp
- Salt per taste
- Pepper per taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.Cut Brussels Sprouts in half and place cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Mix Vinegar, Oil, maple Syrup, Salt and Pepper and set aside.
- To serve mix Brussels Sprouts, Pomegranate seeds and small cut pear. Pour over dressing and mix.