Abundance of Pears and Apples in the Winter months can be overwhelming. Especially after the calendar declares that it is Spring but the weather makes you wear a winter coat. I am still making the best I can with Pears. This yummy salad has been making rounds of my dinner table lately but it is so simple that I didn’t think about posting it. Then I thought, why not?
This salad is also making a good use of a Parmesan block that I bought on a whim.
- Arugula a handful for each plate
- Pear medium sized ripe but not fully ripe
- Blueberries organic
- Walnuts a handful
- Parmesan cheese as much or as little as you want
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon juice 11/2 tsp for each plate
- Peel and cut Pear in cubes.
- Roast Walnuts in a pan. Takes about 6-7 minutes on medium flame. Make sure to stir them.
- Place Arugula in each plate. Top it with Pears, Walnuts and Blueberries.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Pour the Lemon juice and adjust Salt and Pepper.