We had a wet but still lovely Easter morning this year. The rain stopped just in time for the egg hunt.
This time Bunny left very little candy and gave some real toys. I was very happy with Bunny’s decision. 🙂
We had a simple Brunch afterwards. This Brunch is evolving into a tradition as the girls get older. We had Baked French Toast (find recipe here), Scrambled eggs with Mushrooms and Onions and some fruits.
The day before I was tasked to make an appetizer for a dinner at a friend’s house. I made this all time favorite, Hara Bhara Kabab. Hoe you like the recipe.
- Spinach Frozen cut 1 packet (preferably the one you can steam in a packet)
- Green Peas Frozen 8oz packet
- Paneer ½ packet
- Cilantro leaves about 10 stems
- Chana Daal – Split Bengal Gram ¼ cup uncooked
- Garam Masala 1 ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste ½ tsp about 2 cloves of Garlic and ½ inch Ginger
- Green Chili Paste ½ tsp or more if you like it hot
- Cumin Powder ½ tsp
- Bread Crumbs as needed about ½ cup or All Purpose Flour
- Salt ½ tsp or as needed
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Pressure cook Chana Daal for 2 whistles. Remove excess water. Grind into a smooth paste like mixture.
- Bring a saucepan with water to boil. Water should be enough to cover Green Peas and should be over by at least couple of inches. Once boiling, pour frozen green peas and let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and put the Peas in a strainer to remove all water. Once cooled, chop or smash the Peas.
- Let the frozen spinach come to room temperature in its bag. If you have the one that can be steamed in a bag, steam per instructions. If it is not the one for steaming, blanch by dumping it in boiling water for 2 minutes and immediately dumping it in an ice bath. Squeeze all the excess water out.
- Grate the Paneer and keep aside. It is easier to grate Frozen Paneer that has been out of the Freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut Cilantro into smallest possible size or Grind with Ginger Garlic below.
- Grind Ginger, Garlic and green chilies in a grinder if you are not using a ready-made paste.
- Mix Spinach, Green Peas, Paneer, Chana Daal, Ginger-Garlic paste, Garam Masala, Chaat Masala, Green Chili paste, Salt and Sugar. If this mixture is not thick enough to form and hold a patty, add Bread Crumbs. If you do not have Breadcrumbs, you can add small amounts of All purpose flour.
- Make a dough and form 2 inch round patties
- Spray a large flat pan with nonstick spray and shallow fry until golden brown on both side.