Summer is not yet here and Spring seems to be hiding. Temps are so down that we had to get our winter coats out again. I wanted to get at least bit of tropic in our lives. Here is a Banana Pineapple Cake.
The cake is going to give almost equal Pineapple Banana flavors. If you like more Banana flavor than Pineapple, reduce Pineapple to 8 oz and increase Bananas to 5.
- All-purpose flour 3 cups
- Granulated Sugar 2 cups
- Salt 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Eggs 3
- Bananas ripe 3
- Pineapple crushed 12 oz.
- Canola Oil 1 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Garnishes – Walnuts, Coconut, Powdered Sugar
- Optional ingredients – Coconut or Walnuts ½ cup. Do not use both together.
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray. I used a large one and also made six small ones. It does taste better when made just into a larger pan because it holds the moisture better. The smaller ones dried out a bit within a few hours.
- In a stand mixer, mix Flour, Sugar, salt and Baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs first. Then add the Pineapple and mix.
- Add Bananas and mix.
- Finally, add walnuts or coconut flakes (optional – see note)
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients slowly while mixing with spatula. Run the stand mixer at its lowest speed just for a couple of minutes and if the mixture is not blended, mix with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes. Check to see if tooth pick comes out clean. If not, bake for another 5 minutes. For me, 55 minutes were enough.
- Wait for 10 minutes before turning out.
- Let cool before adding garnishes.
Note: If you would like you could add only ½ cup of either Walnuts or Coconut flakes. And mix as noted above.