I don’t need to give much introduction for this healthy and versatile item. There are end less possibilities with what vegetables you can add to this yummy pancake. Add grated carrot or beets or tomato. Simply anything you fancy.
This is one of our go to week-night meal when Mommy gets home late and everyone is ready to eat the kitchen.
- Brown Rice flour 1/2 cup
- Millet Flour 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Onion 1/2 chopped in small pieces
- Green Pepper 1/4 chopped in small pieces
- Green Chili (optional) per taste grated. I used about 1/2 tsp
- Ginger grated 1/2 tsp
- Mint about 5 leaves chopped very small
- Salt per taste. I used 1/8th tsp
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and keep aside
- Mix Brown Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Onion, Green Pepper, Green Chili, Ginger, Salt and Mint in a large bowl.
- Add the Egg to the above mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust Salt and Green Chili
- Thin out this mixture to a thinner than Pancake batter (or Uttapa batter) by adding water.
- Spray non stick spray on a skillet.
- Spread the batter on the skillet that should thinner than pancake consistency.
- Let Cook and turn over. Both sides should be golden brown. Keep the heat to medium throughout cooking.