I have been meaning to make Lettuce wraps at home for ages. Whenever we all go to CPK, my all time order is Lettuce Wraps. They sound healthy, not sure how many calories they are but I make sure never to ask.
The ones below are adapted from Cookie and Kate. I added Mint for the flavor and because I have abundance of it right now on my kitchen counter. I also added Cumin Powder and Chili Powder because that’s the way we like it. Add a bit of spice to life, right?
You can totally pack all the ingredients and take them to your next outing and have everyone assemble them for themselves. Less work for you.
- Lettuce (Boston )4 leaves
- Tofu 1 box extra firm
- Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp (low sodium preferably)
- Corn Starch 2 tsp
- Mangoes 2 small Ripe cut in small pieces
- Red Bell pepper 1 medium chopped fine
- Mint Leaves 4 for each wrap – about 16
- Red Onion chopped 3/4th cup for all four wraps
- Salt as needed
- Soy Butter 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tbsp
- Maple Syrup 2 Tbsp
- Red Chili Powder ½ tsp (optional)
- Cumin Powder ½ tsp
- Mustard yellow ½ tsp
- Hot Water 1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Tear the leaves from the Lettuce head and keep aside. Make sure not to use the knife otherwise Lettuce will start turning brown.
- Cut Tofu into small pieces and remove all the excess water. Squeeze the Tofu if you need to but make sure not to crumble it. Mix Corn starch and Soy Sauce well. Cover the Tofu pieces properly with this mixture. It may appear to be very little but it goes a long way. Place the Tofu pieces on Cookie Sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce and whisk until incorporated. If you think it’s thicker than you would like, add a bit more hot water.
- When Tofu is ready, divide all ingredients in 1/4th
- place Tofu, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper and Mangoes on each Lettuce leaf. Top with Sauce or serve the sauce on the side. Add some Mint leaves.
You could also top this with Tortilla strips.