The rain has finally stopped. The whole of last week and the weekend it rained and rained. When it wasn’t raining, it was threatening to rain any second. The best thing to do on these rainy days is to make the inside life as comfortable as possible. Have a table filled with good food, open a bottle of Wine or two and call a few friends over to share. Isn’t that really an idyllic life? Wine, Food and Friends. I made us a few dishes to last for the friends coming and going. One of them was this super easy Roasted Cauliflower. The recipe is super easy with some Cumin, Coriander, Ginger and Bay Leaf. I love the simplicity of this recipe and the roasting aroma coming from the oven fills the kitchen. The best kind of rainy day if you ask me.
- Cauliflower florets with some stem on it (Half a cauliflower will serve 2 as a side dish)
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder 1/2 tsp (totally optional)
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt per taste
- Canola Oil 2 Tbsp
- Bay Leaf 2 large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the Cauliflower Florets on a cookie sheet.
- In a small sauce pan, heat oil. Once warm, reduce the the flame to low and add the Cumin seeds. Let them Crackle.
- Add the spices one after the other except Bay Leaf and Salt.
- let the spices cook for 15 seconds, remove from heat.
- Slowly pour this Spiced oil over the Cauliflower. Rub the Oil to make sure all the florets are covered. If you are using hands, if possible, wear disposable gloves so the Chili Powder won’t get into your eyes later.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Keep a watch after 20 minutes.