Easy Marshmallow Mousse recipe.
And another birthday around our household. It’s crazy how fast these kids are growing up. They change so fast too. I see Annika to be such a mature child now and so hungry for knowledge and always curious. This birthday she didn’t want a cake. I think we have too much cake in the house, almost one every weekend. So I made this super fast Marshmallow mousse. It is sooo easy to make. It’s ready in about 30 minutes. It has this sweet chocolaty taste and you can literally go crazy with colors. Annika’s favorite is blue so I used blue.
This Marshmallow Mousse is so easy to make. You can drizzle some white chocolate on top or decorate with Edible Butterflies like I did. You can also make some chocolate butterflies. See link below for Edible butterflies.
If you like this recipe try some of our other recipes
Easy recipe for Marshmallow MousseEasy recipe for Marshmallow MoussePrep Time 30 minutesServings 4
- 175 Gms Marshmallows
- 75 Gms White chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp. Whipping cream
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream keep separate
- 1/2 tsp. Powdered Sugar
- In a large saucepan, add all the Marshmallows and start heating on a low to medium flame. Stir continuously.
- When you see some of the Marshmallows start to melt, add 2 Tbsp of Whipping cream and keep stirring continuously. In another minute or so, add the Chocolate Chips. I would add a few at first and then slowly keep adding more as they start to melt.
- Make sure you are stirring continuously and if you feel the sides or bottom are starting to burn, take the pan off the heat for couple of minutes and then put it back on. Scrape the sides and bottom in the process of stirring a few times.
- Once all the Marshmallows and Chocolate chips are melted, add the rest of the Whipping cream, 3 Tbsp.s. Take off the heat.
- Place four separate cups (heatproof) on the counter
- Divide mixture in three equal parts. One part stays white. For one part add a dash of blue. In the third part add a bit more blue. Mix all three separately.
- Pour quarter of the white portion in each cup. Place the cups in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
- Remove from the Fridge. Place quarter of the light blue mixture in each cup and again refrigerate for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge. Add the remaining dark blue mixture in each cup dividing equally.
- Using stand mixer or hand mixer, Whip the 1 Cup of whipping cream with Powdered Sugar.
- Place a dollop of whipping cream in each cup and serve.