And another birthday around our household. It’s crazy how fast these kids are growing up. They change so fast too. I see Annika to be such a mature child now and so hungry for knowledge and always curious. This birthday she didn’t want a cake. I think we have too much cake in the house, almost one every weekend. So I made this super fast Marshmallow mousse. It is sooo easy to make. It’s ready in about 30 minutes. It has this sweet chocolaty taste and you can literally go crazy with colors. Annika’s favorite is blue so I used blue.
- Marshmallow 175 grams
- White chocolate chips 75 grams
- Whipping cream 5 Tbsp for the Mousse
- Whipping Cream 1 cup for the garnish
- In a large saucepan, add all the Marshmallows and start heating on a low to medium flame. Stir continuously.
- When you see some of the Marshmallows start to melt, add 2 Tbsp of Whipping cream and keep stirring continuously. In another minute or so, add the Chocolate Chips. I would add a few at first and then slowly keep adding more as they start to melt.
- Make sure you are stirring continuously and if you feel the sides or bottom are starting to burn, take the pan off the heat for couple of minutes and then put it back on. Scrape the sides and bottom in the process of stirring a few times.
- Once all the Marshmallows and Chocolate chips are melted, add the rest of the Whipping cream. Take off the heat.
- Place three separate cups (heatproof) on the counter
- Pour 1/6th of the portion in each cup. This is your white portion in the bottom. Place the cups in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
- Add a dash of blue gel color to the rest of the mixture while the cups are resting in the refrigerator.
- Take the cups out after 5 minutes and add 1/6 th of the blue mixture in equal quantities. Keep the refrigerator for 2 minutes
- While the cups are resting, add some more blue color to the remaining mixture to make it darker blue. In total you will not need more than 3 drops of color.
- Remove the cups from the refrigerator and add remaining mixture in equal quantities.
- Let set in refrigerator for another 5 minutes.
- Whip the rest of the whipping cream in a stand Mixer. Add a dollop each in each cup. Do not add sugar to the whipping cream.
- Decorate as you like with flowers, butterflies. You can totally go crazy with it.