On Sunday it was unseasonably warm. We had Chocolate Chip pancakes for breakfast and went for a walk. Still clad in warm gear, mind you but not shivering in the cold. I hoped I won’t get a call from Office asking for some urgent questions to be answered. My wish was granted until we got back home. The girls wanted what they think is a gourmet meal of Mac and Cheese so it was just me and the hubs. I put together this salad. So simple and healthy and yet so colorful and flavorful.
On another note, how is your holiday planning going? Are you hosting any lunches/dinners? I am spent late Sunday night menu planning for couple of parties that I am hosting this month. Such a glorious month this is and everyone seems to be a wee bit happier.
For the Salad: Serves 2
- Couscous uncooked 1 cup
- Water as per package instructions to make Couscous
- Red Onion per taste or 3 tsp per person
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cucumber cut small pieces 1 cup per person
- Red Pepper cut small 1/2 cup per person
For the dressing
- Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp
- Honey 1/2tsp
- Salt and Pepper per taste
- Prepare Couscous per package instructions. Let it cool slightly.
- Mix all the Dressing ingredients.
- Mix Couscous, Cucumber, Red Pepper and Red Onion.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and mix.