Nothing beats random weekdays when friends show up blissfully uninvited for a glass of wine or a cup of tea. While we are busy talking, I let the tensions from my shoulders slip away. However hard my day was, I let myself laugh more often and give hugs more freely. That’s simply the power of friendships that allow you to sleep with a smile on your lips.
This Baked Zucchini Parmesan is a perfect accompaniment when friends come visiting and you want something to nibble on while talking. You can add any other spices you like and make it more or less spicy as per your taste or your mood for the day. You can omit the Indian spices and add Italian herbs instead. Really sky is the limit for this one.
Makes about 25 pieces.
Serves 4 as appetizer
- Zucchini about 2 medium sized
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Egg 1 large
- Oil – Canola or Olive oil 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder 1/4 tsp (optional but recommended)
- Salt per taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with Aluminium foil
- Wash and pat dry Zucchini. Cut into small circles about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- In a bowl, mix Panko bread crumbs, Salt, Cumin powder, Coriander powder and Red chili powder and set aside.
- Whisk the Egg and Canola Oil together in a separate bowl.
- Create a station with Egg mixture first in line, then Panko mixture and last the cookie sheet.
- Dip each Zucchini piece first in Egg mixture to coat completely. Let the excess Egg drip out. Then dip the Zucchini in the Panko mixture, cover completely.
- Place these coated Zucchini pieces on the cookie sheet. They do not need to have lot of distance between each just sufficient not to touch each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve warm with Chili sauce or Hot and Sweet Maggi sauce or any Tomato sauce.