We have been planning couple of little trips over the Summer. Now the girls are little older perhaps we can get out of our comfort zone and may be just may be try something adventurous? We are not sure yet. I almost love the planning part of the trip more than the actual trip. The warm anticipation of the glorious days ahead, looking at the maps and figuring out the time tables. The imagination takes over the reality in some degree or the other.
These little Tartlets are full of sweetness from the Sugar cookie crust and the pudding that takes almost no time to make and topped with fresh fruit. If you make the Crust in advance, these will come together in almost no time. Change up the fruit however you like and you will dazzle your guests.
Fruit Tartlet with sugar Cookie Crust
Sugar Cookie Crust
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar
- Butter 1 cup room temprature
- Egg 1
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Almond extract 1 1/2 tsp
For the Pudding
- Godiva Instant Pudding Vanilla 1 pack
- Milk 2 cups
- 4 strawberries per Tartlett
- Sugar 1/2 cup (optional – see directions)
- Water 1/2 cup (Optional – see directions)
For the Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix Flour, Sugar and Salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whip the butter using paddle attachment.
- Scrape the sides and bottom and whip some more.
- Add the Egg, Vanilla extract and Almond extract. Whip the mixture for another minute on medium high. Scrape the sides.
- Add the mixture a half a cup at a time while the mixer is still running Be careful otherwise the dry mixture will coat your entire kitchen.
- The mixture will slowly form a dough. If you feel it is still little sticky, add couple of Tbsp.s of extra flour.
- Take the dough out by scraping the sides. knead lightly using hands.
- Wrap tightly in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half hour to set the dough. You can make the dough as many as 3 days in advance and make the cookies of tartletts when you intend to make them.
- When you are ready to make the Tarletts, remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes. Prepare the Tartlett pans by spraying non stick spray.
- Take 1/3rd of the dough and using rolling pin spread the dough in round shape about 1/3 inch thick.
- Take this rolled dough in your hand and spread it over the Tarlett pan. Using your fingers, making sure the nails are not touching the dough, lightly press the dough into the pan.
- Any dough hanging over the Tartlett pan, should be cut out using a sharp knife.
- Bake the Tartletts in the oven for 11 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Run the knife lightly around the egg of the pan and the cookie crust should come out easily.
For the pudding
- Take 2 cups of Milk in any saucepan
- Mix the Instant pudding mix into the milk. Stir to make sure no lumps are formed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
For the Fruit topping
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries or whichever fruit you are using.
- Take off the top green part of the strawberries and cut them in strips.
- Arrange the fruit as shown in the picture.
- If the fruit is not sweet enough, make simple syrup by mixing 1/2 cup Sugar and 1/2 cup water. Let cool and dip the fruit in the syrup. Keep on a drying rack so the extra syrup will drip off. Place the fruit as shown.