I call this recipe my Wednesday recipe. The week is only half over, Week-end is still not in sight. All you need is comforting warm meal but don’t feel like putting in any effort. Noodle bowl to the rescue.
If you are the meal prep kind of person, you can chop the veggies in your meal prep day and portion of the Sauce ingredients in your mixing bowl (that’s what I use to mix my sauces). The whole meal comes together in 15 minutes, no kidding. Try it out. The recipe beats a take-out any day.
Healthy Noodle Bowl
- 8 Oz Quinoa Noodles or Soba Noodles
- 1 Capsicum Red or Yellow preferably cut in thin long slices
- 1/2 Onion Thin long slices
- 1 1/2 Zucchini yellow or green cut in thin long slices
- a handful Cilantro for garnish
- 1/3 Cup Soy Butter or Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/ tsp. Cumin Powder
- Salt Per taste
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice Adjust per taste
- Start by boiling water for Noodles per package instructions. You need both Noodles and Vegetables prepared around the same time.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk firmly until thoroughly mixed. Alternatively, run it through the blender.
- In a large pan, add a splash of oil if needed and add all the veggies and sauté at high temperature for about 3 minutes.
- The vegetables should still little raw and retain it's color. If you cook them through, the preparation could become soggy.
- Add the sauce and mix until all veggies are thoroughly coated.
- Prepare Noodles as per package instructions.
- Add the noodles to the prepared vegetable and sauce mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.Enjoy.xo