Super yummy Roasted Nectarine Popsicles recipe is below but first a bit our short trip.
Couple of weeks ago we visited the beautiful Mackinac island. The specialty of this island is not only the beautiful beaches and spectacular views but also a ban on all the motorized vehicles to preserve the island’s 18th century past. Fort Mackinac which defended the island is still standing in its full glory. We took a carriage ride and had a blast going all over the island. We stopped to watch a butterfly house, I will post a video in the next post.
We ended the trip in the most lovely setting at Fort Mackinac sitting in a small restaurant, sipping tea and watching the boats and hustle of the horse drawn carriages.
Today’s post has really nothing to do with the island but with the Nectarines that we picked up on the way back to Chicago. I had a few left over so the best way to eat fruit in the summer is of course in the form of Popsicles.
These are very very easy to make. they are more creamy than icy so you could really call them Creamsicles if you feel like it.
I roasted the Nectarines to bring out the sweetness and to add a bit of flavor to it. Swap with Peaches if you wish to.
- Oven or Grill
- Popsicle Mold
- Blender or Food Processor
If you like this recipe, also try Cardamom Madeleins
or try this amazing Watermelon Pomegranate Chiller
Roasted Nectarine Popsicle
- 3 Nectarines medium sized
- 3 Tbsp. Condensed Milk
- a pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut Nectarines in half and remove seeded portion. If you do not want the skin of Nectarine, remove it beforehand using peeler.
- Place Nectarines on Aluminium foil or parchment paper, Roast for 25 minutes
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a Blender, place the roasted Nectarines, Condensed Milk and Salt and blend.
- When mixture becomes almost paste-like, using a Tablespoon, pour it in Popsicle mold.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.