One of my basic recipes for Buttercream. This recipe holds well even in summer months. It gives me enough room and shape to use whichever tip I want to use.
Equipment used – Click on the link to shop.
- 1 1/2 Oz Egg whites
- 6 Oz Sugar
- a pinch Salt
- 6 Oz Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Oreo cookies Cream removed and crushed
- Mix Egg Whites, Sugar and Salt in the Stand mixer bowl.
- Cut the Butter into very small pieces and set aside
- Run the Stand Mixer at medium speed until Egg whites, Sugar and Salt is well incorporated.
- Then run the mixer and medium high speed for 3 minutes and then high speed for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Stop the mixer and add Vanilla extract
- Start running the mixer at medium high speed again
- Slowly start adding Butter one little piece at a time.
- Keep running until all the Butter is added.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl to get all the frosting incorporated.
- Run the Mixer at high speed for about 3 minutes
- Change the speed to low and add the crushed Oreo cookies and incorporate well at this time. You can skip the cookies and make a white Frosting.
***I may earn a small commission for my recommendation, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you great decadent recipes and mouthwatering pictures.***