This week’s Cookies and Cream cupcakes recipe is most approved by my kids. According to them this one is better than the best they have tasted. Hmmm. It might have a lot to do with the Oreos that are mixed in the cupcakes but I am not complaining.
Usually, I get a lot of questions about how I manage to do everything in such a short time. Honestly, it’s all in the little planning. For this recipe, I made the cupcakes the day before and then made the frosting in the morning. Making it all at the same time would be rather tiring plus I am a worker bee working outside of our home full time which means I have a very short time on my hands on week nights that I can use to test out the recipes.
The Cookies and cream cupcake recipe is below.
Start by removing the butter and Egg from the refrigerator an hour before starting the recipe. this way you will have them at room temperature when you start your work.
Mix all the dry ingredients except Sugar and keep aside in a separate bowl.
Remove the cream from middle of Oreos and crush them using Mortar and pestle or use a food processor.
Keep the rest of the ingredients at hand on the counter so you are not scrambling for them mid-recipe.
Keep your measuring spoons ready.
For the frosting recipe, head here.The equipment I used are these. Click on each to shop.
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp. Butter Room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup Oreo cookies Cream removed and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter medium-high speed for about 5 minutes
- Add sugar and continue beating a few minutes until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, continue beating.
- Add half of the dry ingredient mix and then yogurt, continue to mix
- Add rest of the Flour and Milk and mix well.
- Finally, add the Oreo crushed into a powder and mix
- Place the mixture equally divided into Cupcake mold. I used 4 regular size cupcake and 4 mini cupcake mold.
- Bake for 16 minutes
***I may earn a small commission for my recommendation and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you great decadent recipes and Home decor related work***