Christmas is fast approaching so I know my friends are already pinning cookie recipes and thinking about planning cookie swaps. This Mixed Fruit Cream Cheese Cookie will come to your rescue.
I gave permission to Navendu to eat one spoonful of cookie dough and then allowed a few for myself. After baking it was the kiddos turn to share the cookies with me by the fire on a cold Sunday evening while putting last minute touches on the artwork they had spent the whole day creating. The sweetness of candied fruit just melts your heart.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies unless of course you are in the habit of making giant cookies. This number will be more than sufficient to be packed as give away gifts if you are hosting a dinner. Pack them in a cute little box from craft store and tie a sparkly ribbon on top and you are all set.
You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top or make some icing. Go with your imagination but they are just as good without any icing.
Equipment and stuff:
Kitchen aid Stand Mixer – Click here to buy
Mixed Fruit/Tutti Frutti – Click here to buy
Milk Bottles –Click here to buy
Mixed Fruit Cream Cheese Cookies
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter Room temperature
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Mixed Fruit see link below for resource
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Farenheit
- In a bowl mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In the Stand Mixer, Beat the Butter at medium high speed for 3 minutes
- Add Sugar and Cream Cheese one by one and beat at medium high speed for another 4 minutes or so
- Add Vanilla Extract and Salt and mix for another minute
- Add Mixed Fruit and mix for couple more minutes
- Finally add Flour mixture by half cup measure at a time while running the mixer at low to medium speed. Take care as the Flour will have a tendency to fly all over your counter.
- Take out the dough and on a Marble Board, knead it for a bit until it all comes together well.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap tightly and refrigerate for half hour
- Make a roll and cut out cookies of desired shape and size.
- You can also make the ball using hands and flatten to make shape of a cookie
- Bake for 17 minutes
- Cool on a cooling rack