These Vegan Thai Corn Fritters made a fantastic snack last week-end. We had a bunch of kids for play date and their parents stopped by. this snack made a perfect accompaniment for a nice hot cup of tea on a cold wintery day.
It’s warm and comforting and just perfect for quick snack or appetizer with enough room for dinner later. Best part? You can find everything in well stocked grocery store. I have also provided couple of links below if you live for Amazon Prime like me.
Couple of tips:
Use full fat coconut milk to provide richness
Thai Red Curry paste is readily available and it is Vegan so make your job easy and use it instead of making your own.
Frozen roasted Corn is available in freezer section of most grocery stores.
Serve with a side of Lemon wedge. lemon adds that bite of freshness and a bit of tang.
This Thai Corn Fritters recipe also provides instructions for Baked Thai Corn Fritters recipe. Baked fritters use very little oil without sacrificing the taste much. I would say give both a try and see which one you like better.
Immersion Blender. you can buy it here.
Are you ready to try another recipe?
Here is Parmesan Zucchini Fritter recipe
If you like this recipe, please give me your review and rate the recipe, I would really appreciate it.
If you make it, make sure to tag the blog on Instagram or social media.
For more decadent recipe, follow me on Pinterest and Instagram
Vegan Thai Corn Fritters
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 2 cups Roasted corn kernels
- 2 tsp Thai Red Curry paste (Vegan) see link in text to purchase
- 1/2 cup Green onion chopped finely
- Lemon zest 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Coconut Milk more as needed
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt adjust per taste
- 4 Tbsp Canola Oil for shallow frying or see bottom of instructions
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a blender, place half the Corn, Thai Red Curry paste, half the Coconut/Almond Milk and Salt and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, place Boiled and mashed potatoes, rest of the Flour, Baking Powder, Rest of the Corn, Lemon zest, chopped Green onion and mix using hands or two forks in each hand.
- Add the blended mixture and mix well. It should be smooth like a paste. If it is too thick, add more Almond milk. If it is too thin, add extra flour or Potato.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a shallow pan and spread it around. Take 1 Tbsp. of mixture in a Tablespoon in left hand and using another spoon with right hand, gently push it on the pan so as to form a tentative round. push to flatten.
- Let cook for couple of minutes on medium flame. Flip and let cook another 2 to 3 minutes until light brown on both sides.
- Repeat in batches. The smaller the pan, more number of batches.
- If you do not wish to use as much oil, heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Make flattened rounds as shown and bake for 7 minutes.
- Flip once and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a lemon wedge garnish with Cilantro.