Happy New Year my friends!! I hope year 2018 treated you well and you have lots of hopes and dreams going into 2019.
January is a month of taking it slow. more of winding down the Holiday craziness but don’t let that stop you from trying out this Paneer Tikka Masala recipe.
Oven roasted Paneer – Indian cottage Cheese in delicate blend of spices, served in baked Wonton wrappers. A unique blend of spices and very little used in baking will make this recipe your January favorite.
The recipe is truly versatile. As with most Indian recipes, you can make this your own. Reduce any spices that you do not like much. If you do not like Garlic, feel free to skip it. Make sure to add a squeeze of Lemon to bring out the freshness of the dish.
If you do not have Wonton wrappers where you live, you can simply serve this in a bowl.
I added some Onion to go with the Paneer to give it a bite. The sweetness of the Onions actually comes out when baked. You can substitute it with some Red or Yellow Capsicum if you like.
For some amazing desserts, try this Indian Bottle Gourd Halwa
Or these most popular on the blog Strawberry Cupcakes
Tandoori Paneer Tikka Wrappers
- 14 Oz Paneer Cubes Or 400 gms
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves kasuri methi
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp Curry Powder Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro or Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Onion Cut i thin long strips
- Oil spray for wrappers
- 16 Wonton Wrapper squares
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. Take a regular sized Muffin pan and finely mist with cooking spray.
- Press two Wonton wrappers in each Muffin tin overlapping each other but the corners should be separated from each other. Press down gently making sure the bottom is not torn.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. You may want to keep the oven on if you are planning to make the Paneer Tikka immediately.
- Cut Paneer into small cubes and set aside
- Grind carom seeds in Mortar and Pestle or spice grinder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add Yogurt, Ginger Garlic Paste, Dried Fenugreek Leaves, carom seed powder, Curry Powder, salt and Red chili powder if using. Mix well.
- Add Paneer Cubes, Onion and mix to coat each cube and all of the Onion well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or change the temperature of the oven if it was already on.
- Place the Paneer Cubes on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown on the bottom. The top will not look brown.
- When you remove then they should not be feel dry.