Winter Detox Lentil soup
A soul-warming French Lentil soup recipe. This soup is made in the Instant pot and requires hardly any work at all. Plus, it makes the whole house smell warm and cozy!
with Holiday season gone sooo quickly, it’s time for a detox I suppose. Bringing you this Winter Detox French lentil soup that so delicious that you won’t feel like you are giving up anything at all.
What’s better? You can make it in Instant pot. Put the timer on and go do your thing, take your kids for skiing or go make a snow man and come back to a warm bowl of delicious soup.
Soup is Vegetarian and and Vegan. Everyone can enjoy it. It’s packed with Protein so that part of your life is covered. Turmeric is not necessary to add if you don’t have a jar on hand but i like to add it for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. Rosemary has immune boosting properties and it also alleviates muscle pain. We all know how much that Immune boost is needed in the Winter with all the sniffles going around.
If you like this soup recipe, also try some other delicious soup recipes.
Green peas soup with Thyme
Winter detox Lentil Soup with Rosemary
- 1 Cup French Lentils
- 2 Carrots medium size
- 1 Bay leaf large
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 3/4 Cup Onion cut small
- 2 inch Rosemary fresh
- 2 cups Water or Vegetable stock more as needed
- Shredded Parmesan as garnish
- Cilantro as garnish
- 1 tsp Canola or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed Ginger
- Wash Lentils at least twice and remove all the water, set aside
- Lightly peel outside of Carrots and cut in medium to small pieces
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and let heat up. Add Oil.
- Add Onion and Turmeric and saute for 2 minutes. Onion should look about to be cooked but not browned.
- Add Lentils and Carrots and saute for another two minutes stirring frequently.
- Add Water or broth whichever you are using. Add Bay leaf, Ginger paste and Rosemary sprig. make sure to add the whole sprig and do not chop away the leaves or your soup will have too strong Rosemary flavor.
- Put the lid on, change the Instant pot to pressure cook at low pressure for 8 minutes and no venting.
- Let the pressure release. Remove the Rosemary sprig before serving and discard.
- Ladle the soup in bowls and sprinkle some Shredded Parmesan and cut up Cilantro.
- Serve warm with some crusty bread or eat it as is.